A six-man committee will leave Liberia this weekend for Lebanon to rescue six Liberian girls reportedly forced into prostitution in that country.
Making the disclosure on Thursday at the Ministry of Information press briefing in Monrovia, Justice Minister Cllr. Benedict Sannoh told reporters that arrangements for the trip had been concluded, adding that the girls would be brought back to Liberia.
It is yet unclear how the girls traveled to Lebanon and under what arrangement.
But news of the suffering of the six recently surfaced in the local media, and public pressure has since been surging for the government to probe into the circumstances surrounding the girls and rescue them.
Minister Sannoh said the ministry was determined to gather evidence from the girls on how they got to Lebanon, info, he said, might such evidence might be used as for possible prosecution.